CMA U.S.A. HomeJapan 2008
CMA Japanese Site
Japan 2007 Archive
Japan 2006 Archive
Japan Tour 2005 Archive
CMA Site Map
July 11th - August 7th, 2008
CMA’s company dancers have had the privilege of ministering in
Japan for the past three summers. Praise the Lord! He has once again given
us an opportunity to shed His light and truth in a spiritually dark country.
The ministry team will be our company dancers and teachers; Tiffany Case, Alyssa Weiss,
Erica Bergfalk, Naomi Porter, Gwen Kennicutt, Hannah Krohn, Katrina
White and Shannon Lane. Our schedule so far, has us traveling to different
cities and churches in Kyushu and in Hiroshima. We will be holding workshops and camps for children to adults, teaching
dance, and sharing about worshiping our wonderful Lord. There will be many
concerts where we will be sharing God’s Word through dance and personal testimonies.
We also have the opportunity once again to speak to young girls about purity
and saving their hearts for the one God has for them.
Please be in prayer for our team as we are preparing, planning and working
with our contacts in Japan. Pray that He would lead us to the places He wants
us and that we would be used mightily for Him in Japan! We also need prayer
for our finances as each of our team members work to raise the funds needed
to make this trip. Praise to the Lord our provider!
Our Japan Team:
Rocky & Marla Ayatsuka
Aroma Ministries - Kitakyushu, Fukuoka
- Their Website: aromaministries.org
- See also: Afureru.org (bubbling over)
- attends Kokubu Baptist Church - Kirishima city, Kagoshima Prefecture
- He is the man who came to our dance camp in Fukuoka in 2007 and wanted us to come to his church!
- Rocky says, "And this church is quite an international church, with a Burmese pastor and an American associate pastor."
- Kokubu Baptist Church contact
- CMA blog entry
Pastor Lee Sang Hoon
- Korean Pastor (missionary to Japan from Korea) who we met last year at our concert in Hiroshima
- Website: http://msandsh.cyworld.com
- or http://club.cyworld.com/club/main/club_main.asp?club_id=50633801
The Hamilton Family
- Hakata New Life Church
We worked with the Hamilton Family last summer in Japan, they took such good
care of us! This is the church where we met Masumi, who then came to the
US to study with our ministry for 3 months this spring. We are so excited
to minister with them again this summer!
Minamata Christ Gospel Church
Mamoru Goshozono (our contact, who translates emails and does the correspondence)
- While in Japan last summer Alyssa Weiss and Tiffany Case had the privilege
of ministering at Minamata Christ Gospel Church. They were so blessed by
the joy and love for Christ they saw at this church. This is Aika Honda's
church, the young gal who came to study with us in the US for 6 months this
past fall and spring. We are looking forward to having our whole team minister
with them this summer!
- Created Japanese website (magnifythelordinjapan.org)
have worked with Hiroto since our first trip to Japan in 2005. He currently
lives in Japan, but actually lived for several years in Ft. Collins Colorado!
(That was before we knew him.) Each year he helps with the Japanese website,
translating request forms, translating songs for us and praying for our ministry.
We are very blessed to have him as part of our team!
Lives in: Hamamatsu, Shizuoka
Dates and plans are still being finalized (we are open to whatever changes
and additions the Lord may add to our schedule along the way! We want to
be open and willing to go and do whatever He asks of us! May we be used by
our Father in a mighty way.
Stay tuned for more information about Japan 2008!
- Leave Colorado July 10th - 6am
- July 11th-16th Kirishima City / Kagoshima Prefecture
Kokubu Baptist Church >Link<
- 11th – Arrive Kagoshima 8:30pm
- 12th – Morning - Workshop
- Afternoon -workshop performance with students 60min
- Evening - 80 min performance
- 13th – Sunday morning service – dance and speak
- July 16th-22nd Minamata
Minamata Christ Gospel Church
- 16th – arrive in Minamata
- 17th – preschool, work with students maybe dance or teach
- Evening – we will join their English class
- 19th – Purity Seminar
- 20th – Sunday morning service – dance and speak
- July 22nd-28th Fukuoka
Hakata New Life Church >Link<
- 22th – arrive in Hakata
- 24th-26th – Teach workshops each morning
- 26th – Workshop performance with students
- 27th- Sunday morning service – dance speak
- Afternoon – Purity Seminar
- July 28th-August 2nd Kita-Kyushu
Aroma Ministries >Link<
- 28th – arrive in Kita-Kyushu
- Aug 1st – Kindergarten, play with children, maybe dance or teach
- 2nd - 90 min Performance at Well Tobata theater (same location as last year)
- August 3rd-August 7th Hiroshima
Hiroshima Daiich Church >Link<
- 3rd – arrive in Hiroshima
- Sunday morning service, we will share testimony
- Afternoon – Purity Seminar
- 4th – Retirement Home – performance and testimonies
- 5th – Kindergarten – performance and testimonies, maybe teach a little
- 7th - Fly home from Hiroshima to > Haneda airport > Narita airport > LosAngeles > Denver
Why CMA in Japan?
Our desire is that ALL would come to know our Amazing Savior Jesus
Christ. We want to share about the Lord's forgiveness, hope and life! The
Lord has given us the tool of dance as a way to worship Him and to draw people
into His presence. During our performances we want to draw peoples eyes to
the Creator of the earth and tell of His Glory! Through our dramatic movements
and the messages in our songs, we pray that hearts would be stirred, desiring
to know more of Christ.
"My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord, and all flesh shall bless His holy name forever and ever." Psalm 145:21
God has given CMA's company dancers, a deep love for the people of Japan.
We want to share about the things the Lord has done in our lives and tell
of the peace, fulfillment and hope that He gives. We want to be God's hands
and feet, going and doing whatever He asks of us!
"You are the light of the world....Let your light so shine before men, that
they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew
We would also like to be an encouragement to Christians, and ministries in
Japan. Serving in any way we can, praying that God would give each one of
them strength, as they serve the Lord.
"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also
ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." 1 John 3:16
Our Long-term vision is to inspire Christian artists in Japan, to maybe one day start up a ministry like CMA in Japan. A ministry
that will teach people first to know Christ, develop a personal relationship
with Him, to boldly share their faith with others, train them in the art
of ballet and dance, and teach them to use their talents and skills to magnify
the Lord... to worship Him whole-heartedly, in spirit and in truth... and
then teach others what they have learned.
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present
your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable
service." Romans 12:1
Summer events in Japan:
(Full length 90min performances or shorter amount of time, such as one or two dances during a church service)
Worship Dance to Christian music (English and Japanese) sharing the gospel
of Christ. Songs with messages of why we worship the Lord and what He has
done for us.
Personal testimonies, (with translator) we will share the Word of God, what Christ has done in our lives and why we serve Him.
Worship Dance Workshops
- Teach children 5yr through adults how to worship the Lord through
their lives and dance with a student performance at the end.
- Teach/Inspire young girls to remain pure, physically and emotionally,
focusing this time of their lives on deepening their relationship with Christ.
It has been exciting over the last 3 years to hear how many of our young
students in Colorado have been inspired to use their dance for missions.
Our previous Japan trips began to show them that they could use the talent
God has given them to break language barriers and begin to spread the gospel.
We constantly want to inspire our students to live such a passionate life
for Christ that it would spill over onto all who come near.
Keep watching for updates.
If all goes as planned we will be feeding information
home and will get it out to all of you, our CMA Japan family!
CMA Japan 2008 T-Shirts
"Thank you to all of our attendees and volunteers who helped with the Mother Daughter Tea
Fundraiser. It was a beautiful morning of fellowship and worship to our King!
Each of your donations are going towards helping our team minister in Japan
this summer. Thank you for your willingness to give, so that we can help
spread Jesus' life throughout Japan! "
|Watch video of CMA at Yamato Calvary Chapel
Recorded from LIVE! Webcast - July 29, 2007
CMA (the ” [serebureshiyon] ministry of arts”)
CMA (Celebration Ministry of Arts )
[worship dance] (Dance of ballet which uses gospel music)
( CMAの英語版公式サイトです )